JESUIT RESOURCE PAGE
- The Society of Jesus is a Roman Catholic religious order. Its members
are popularly known as the Jesuits. The order grew out of the activities
of its founder Ignatius of Loyola and six companions who bound themselves
by vows of poverty, chastity, and apostolic labors in the Holy Land
or, if this latter plan did not prove feasible, to any apostolic endeavor
enjoined by the Pope.
JESUITS IN HISTORY & THE HISTORY OF THE JESUITS
- Company Online! is presented by Company, a magazine of the the Jesuits
of the United States. It offers News, Features, Books, and References
from the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits) on its ministries, friends,
history, and members.
SPIRITUAL EXERCISES OF St. Ignatius of Loyola (.pdf)
- While not concerned directly with the governance of the Society
in terms of legislation, this work, created by Ignatius himself, is
an essential part of every Jesuit's formation and spirituality.
POLONIAE MERIDIONALIS SOCIETATIS JESU
Ignatius JESUIT COMMUNITY
- The St. Ignatius Jesuit Community, (SIJC), is the residence attached
to St. Ignatius College Prep in Chicago, Illinois.
SOCIETY OF JESUS (Jesuits)
- From the Catholic Encyclopedia.
WASHINGTON OFFICE OF THE SOCIETY OF JESUS IN THE US
UNIVERSITY - New Orleans
- The Jesuit tradition of academic excellence fosters self-discovery,
values and critical thinking--ideas essential to your college career
This Jesuit-centered tradition, combined with the quality of our faculty,
students, and programs, and our commitment to individual attention
to students, distinguishes Loyola University New Orleans from other
institutions of higher learning.
OF JESUIT COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
- The Association of Jesuit Colleges and Universities (AJCU) is a
national voluntary service organization whose mission is to serve
its member institutions: the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in
the United States. Though each institution is separately chartered
by the state and is legally autonomous under its own board of trustees,
the 28 schools are bonded together by a common heritage, vision and
OF US JESUIT COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES
Ignatius COLLEGE PREP
- St. Ignatius College Prep has been educating the youth of Chicago
since 1870. We offer a strong college preparatory curriculum rooted
in a 450 year Jesuit, Catholic tradition of academic excellence and
the nurturance of spiritual and personal values. Since our beginning
we have been committed to educating a diverse community of students.
By choosing to remain in the city we have been able to offer this
education to the young people of the inner city and
- The apostolate of secondary education has been very important to
the Society of Jesus almost since its founding. Here is a list of
contemporary Jesuit High Schools.
CLOUD SCHOOL OF THE LAKOTA NATION
- On the Pine Ridge Resrvation in South Dakota. The Wisconsin Province
of the Society of Jesus is involved here.
- The Jesuit college prep school of Omaha, Nebraska.
- Bilingual (Lithuanian and English) web pages are maintained by the
Jesuit Community at the Pranciskaus Ksavero residence in Kaunas.
Spirit, School Rises From Rubble
- Crumbled masonry, smashed windows, collapsed roof beams. Catastrophe
or opportunity? Setback or challenge? End or beginning? It depends
on who you are and what you are trying to accomplish. The Jesuits
in Vilnius, Lithuania, wanted to rebuild a school, and they have done
BALTIC JESUITS OUTSIDE
VATICAN HOME PAGE
Conference of Catholic Bishops (NCCB)
United States Catholic Conference (USCC)
- The National Conference of Catholic Bishops (NCCB) and the United
States Catholic Conference (USCC) are the organizations of the American
Catholic hierarchy. Through these distinct but closely related organizations
- one a canonical entity, the other a civil corporation - the bishops
fulfill their responsibilities of leadership and service to Church
- Catholic News Service, the oldest and largest news wire service
specializing in reporting on religion, is the primary source of national
and world news that appears in the U.S. Catholic press. It is also
a leading source of news for Catholic print and broadcast media throughout
- Catholic Online provides the complete text of Papal Encyclicals,
church documents, Church media and press resources (Catholic Press
International), as well as over 20 file and message libraries covering
such topics as Women and Ministry and the Knights of Columbus.
Information Center on Internet
Internet Mailing Lists
- This electronic version of the Catholic Encyclopedia offers a rich
variety of sources on things Catholic.